It’s another first of the month. I don’t even want to recap the month of June because it was a time filled with so many ups and downs, devastations and loss. There were of course many good things about June: personally, I worked hard to stay healthy, maintained my normally active lifestyle, and spent a lot of time with good friends and family.
As I was typing this, I realized we are also exactly halfway through 2013. That in itself is a crazy notion to me. If you had asked me in January what life would look like in 6 months, I would certainly have been way, way off.
Regardless, new months are new beginnings. And I am to make the last six months of this year even better than the first. I’m going to end this post on a positive note, by laying out what I have to be thankful for and what I have to look forward to in the coming weeks:
- Only 3 1/2 days of going into work this week!
- 4th of July is Thursday…Yay America and yay summertime
- Already have TWO bike rides planned for this week, I’m pretty pumped about that
- Beach trip on Saturday
- Pontoon boat rental #daydrinking
- Several books in the line-up for this month. I plan on getting some leisure reading done in the next few weeks.
- Moving to my new house in a few weeks…complete with huge, fenced in yard and an awesome kitchen!
- Starting over. Starting fresh. Taking deep breaths and taking one. day. at. a. time.
And some Monday Motivation/Truths :