1. Life is too short. Ya know those times when you’re in a hurry and you can’t seem to get out of the door fast enough? Slow down. Enjoy the moment. Let that friend ramble. Listen to what someone is saying. Live in the moment, because it might be the last one like it.
2. In limbo. I feel like I’m in sort of a “waiting limbo” on quite a few very serious things right now. I’m horrible at waiting. If anything, these tough times are teaching me to be a more patient person. And teaching me to be thankful for days when time seems to pass more slowly than others. That’s one more day I get.
3. This one is easier said than done, but fear is futile. And most of the time extremely counterproductive. You can’t fear what comes next, or you miss out on the present moment. And that, is something to be afraid of.
4. Appreciate the people in your life. Even when you disagree, go through a rough patch or when they’re in a bad mood. Appreciate them.
5. Be thankful. I don’t say how grateful I am quite enough. Don’t just assume you’re appreciative, say it, everyday. People notice.